The application process for the academic year 2024/2025 (starting September 2024):
Kindly note that all BA programmes at the Faculty of Arts are currently taught only through the medium of Czech.
The BA (bachelor’s) degree programme is focused either on the preparation for a future profession, or as a prerequisite for the two-year MA (master’s) degree programme.
The standard length of a BA programme is 3 years; the maximum time allowed is 6 years. Graduates who meet all requirements defined in the study plan – a total of 180 credits, defence of a bachelor’s thesis, and the state final exam – are awarded the academic title “Bachelor” (abbreviated to Bc. and used in front of the name).
General Admissions Procedure Requirements
Special requirements of the admission procedure for BA programmes (Text is in Czech)
For study any Bachelor’s programme at the Faculty of Arts, you must:
- have completed secondary school
- speak, read and write perfect Czech, as all bachelor’s programmes are taught only in Czech.
- apply electronically to study (applications are due from October 2023 to February 29, 2024) – The online application form will be available at this website
- pass the entrance exam successfully (entrance exams are in Czech language and take place in June 2024. The entrance exams are held in person in the building of Faculty of Arts in Prague and could not be taken online!)
- after successfully passing the exam, you have to submit proof of your finished secondary school education according to the conditions listed HERE