14:00 – 15:30 What makes representative democracy democratic?
- Milan Znoj (FF UK) Political Will and Public Opinion: from Hegel to Democracy
- Ľubica Kobová (FHS UK) Political Judgment and the Role of Exemplar: A Case for Democratic Representation
- Markéta Mottlová (FF UK) Representative turn: new way of thinking about relationship between representation and democracy
16:00 – 18:00 Recent Challenges and Disfigurations of Representative Democracy
- Pavel Barša (FF UK) Counter-democracy and presidentialization. Pierre Rosanvallon´s contribution to contemporary democratic theory
- Giuseppe Ballacci (University of Minho) Representation and the Creation of the ‘People’ in Laclau’s Theory of Populism: A Critical Assessment
- Jan Bíba (FF UK) Democracy, Sight and the People beyond Plebiscitarianism
- Michael Augustín (ÚPV SAV) How to escape from the dead end of post-democracy?
- Event start
- 14. 3. 2017 14:00 - 18:00
- Faculty of Arts, U Kříže 8, Prague (room 4014)
- Organizing Institution
- Department of Political Science
- Event type