From 2 June 2020, Jan Palach Library (nám. Jana Palacha 1/2) will lift some of the measures of the current limited operation. Please, read carefully the following information and conditions of provided services:
Opening hours and access to the library
- The library will be provisionally open on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Access to the library is unrestricted, without being requested, and does not require a prior arrangement.
- Upon entrance to the library, the user is obliged to sign and submit a prepared statutory declaration (clean bill of health).
Throughout the stay, the user is obliged to observe the determined hygiene instructions:
- Upon entrance to the library, you must use the prepared hand disinfection.
- Wear a mask or other protection of mouth and nose.
- Stay at least 2 meters apart from others.
- When operating with printers, you must use prepared disposable gloves.
- We ask the users to follow the instruction of employees and instructions stated on the information boards during the whole stay in the library.
Access to study rooms and in-house study
- Until further notice or change of the given regime, the users may access only the red study room and the gallery of the blue floor for in-house study.
- Open shelves, green and blue study rooms, PC lab, fiction, and team study room remain off-limits to the users for the time being.
- All PCs remain inaccessible for the time being.
- When the user needs a document from the collections of Jan Palach Library for an in-house study, they should ask the service at the loan desk of the library that will prepare it if possible. Booking of regular loans and in-house loans from other libraries remains the mode commenced on 21 April.
- In the accessible study rooms, the capacity of study seats was limited so that a safe distance between users may be secured.
Reprographic services in the PC lab (print, copy, scan)
Reprographic services are available in a limited mode:
- Multipurpose copy machines remain available for self-service copying, scanning, and printing*.
- During the whole operation with the machine, the user is obliged to use prepared disposable gloves.
- If the situation permits it, the user should send the documents to print from their device via the web interface on myq.ff.cuni.cz, alternatively print directly from their USB flash drive (always in PDF format), thus, avoiding the necessity to use a shared library’s PC.
- If necessary, it is possible to use a marked library’s computer in the PC lab to send a document to print.
- A user’s self-reliance is anticipated when operating with the copy machines. The service and assistance possibility from the library will be restricted.
More information and inquiries
- The Library reserves the right to change the stated terms at any time considering the development of the situation and requirements of operation maintenance.
- For up-to-date information on loan services of the libraries of CUFA, please follow this continuously updated news.
- For up-to-date information on Jan Palach Library, you may also follow its Facebook.
- Please, send all inquiries on the operation of the library to the address email@example.com.
The Library of Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Jan Palach Library