The Geneva Challenge 2023, organized by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, is a project designed for graduate students to promote interdisciplinary analysis of problem solving in advancing human development based on a defined theme. This year, the chosen theme is „The Challenges of Loneliness“. On this theme, students are asked to develop their proposals based on the above analysis.
As the whole project is based on an interdisciplinary solution that crosses traditional boundaries between academic disciplines, strategic recommendations from graduate students from all fields of study and from all parts of the world are welcome. Five prizes will be distributed, with each prize awarded for a specific continent.
Teams of 3-5 graduate students must submit an 8,000-word proposal that:
– identifies an issue related to the theme of loneliness;
– develop an interdisciplinary analysis to address the identified problem;
– includes a proposal for innovation at the level of policy, practice, process or technology; and turns a challenge into a development opportunity.
This year, cash prizes worth 25,000 Swiss francs will be distributed. Five finalist teams will be invited to Geneva to publicly present their proposals to a panel of distinguished experts. The five finalist teams will have their travel and accommodation costs covered. The awards also include networking opportunities.
For more information and to register for the project itself, use this link.
Registration for the project closes on April 23, 2023.
The deadline for submission is July 14, 2023.
Nabídka online diskusí s občany České republiky pořádaných Oddělením pro návštěvy a semináře Evropského parlamentu.
- EP online diskuse s europoslancem či pracovníkem Evropského parlamentu
- Setkání s krajany z Bruselu
- Legislativní proces Evropského parlamentu – podrobný a přehledný popis procedury a vyjednávání od A do Z
- Práce a život v Evropském parlamentu
- Online Evropské semináře mladých