CALL FOR PAPERS
Stance seeks original philosophical papers authored by current undergraduates.
Stance welcomes papers concerning any philosophical topic. Current undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). Stance asks that each undergraduate only submit one paper for the journal per year. Papers should avoid unnecessary technicality and strive to be accessible to the widest possible audience without sacrificing clarity or rigor. They are evaluated on the following criteria: depth of inquiry, quality of research/academic rigor, creativity, lucidity, struggle, significance, and, most importantly, originality.
– Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word (.doc) format and sent as an attachment to email@example.com
– Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts, and footnotes)
The right margin should not be justified
– To facilitate our anonymous review process, submissions are to be prepared for anonymous review. Include a cover page with the author’s name, affiliation, title, and email address. Papers, including footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
– Footnotes should follow Chicago Manual of Style. A style sheet with examples is available on our website under More about Stance – Information for Authors.
– Please use American spellings and punctuation, except when directly quoting a source that has followed British style.
DEADLINE: December 16, 2016