In the last couple of years, there is an increase in scholars interested in different aspects of the life and thoughts of Samuel Hugo Bergmann. Despite his importance and influence as a philosopher, theologian, political thinker, and leading persona of academic life, he has not received much attention in research.
The first international conference about Bergmann reacts to this contradiction and aims to contribute to the study of his political and intellectual activities. Following the conference, a collection of the picked studies based on the presented papers will be published.
The conference will be held in English.
The list of possible paper topics:
1) Hugo Bergmann: One biography and multiple places
2) Bergmann and contemporary Jewish thought
3) Bergmann and contemporary European philosophy
4) Bergmann in Palestine/Israel between politics, and institution
5) Bergmann, Kabbalah, and Esotericism
Please submit a proposal of 250 words along with a CV or short biography to email: email@example.com by June 30, 2021. Notification of acceptance will be distributed by July 31, 2021.
You may find more information on the call’s website.
- Event start
- 30. 6. 2021
- Organizing Institution
- The Centre for the Study of Holocaust and Jewish Literature at Faculty of Arts, Charles University
- Event type
- Call for papers