In April, the large complex of buildings in Hybernská, which has been empty so far, is going to open to the public for the first time. In cooperation with the Prague City Council, the Faculty of Arts, Charles University, launches a multifunctional space which will bring together creative students, academics, and artists, and will also cater for Prague citizens and visitors.
The festival Diversity Week: City and Emotions (10 – 13 April 2017), is going to be the starting point of the transformation of the empty set of seven houses into an open community space where the public, the academia, students, and artists can meet and cooperate. The varied programme of the festival attempts to show how these different spheres could be connected.
The festival includes worshops, exhibitions, videomapping, escape games, film screenings and concerts, and is completely free of charge.
English-friendly events during Diversity Week:
- City through Women’s Hearts and Eyes, panel discussion, Tuesday 11 April, 8:30
- How’s Life in Divercity, panel discussion, Tuesday 11 April, 12:00
- The Human Scale, film screening, Tuesday 11 April, 16:30
- Colombia magia salvaje, film screening, Tuesday 11 April, 18:30
- Homo Sapiens, film screening, Tuesday 11 April, 20:00
- Strategies of Identity: Heritage and Diversity, workshop, Wednesday 12 April, 14:00
- Litteraria Pragensia Books & Equus Press, publishing house presentation, Wednesday 12 April, 18:00
- Conference, performance collage, Wednesday 12 April 20:00 & Thursday 13 April, 12:30
- Prague through Foreing Eyes, literary cafe, Thursday 13 April, 13:30
- BERG Orchestra, musical walk, Thursday 13 April, 19:00
- BERG Orchestra, site specific performance, 13 April, 20:00
See the full programme here.