Studying at the Faculty of Arts brings about the possibility to take part in numerous student clubs and societies: there are societies attached to particular subjects and also societies which connect students across different fields of study.
- BOK (Circle for Czech Philology)
- Charles University Feminist Society
- East European Club
- FFabula: students of history association
- PRS: Association of Prague Religious Studies
- SOCKA: Society of the Students of Sociology
Every year, a Faculty of Arts Ball is organised, recently in cooperation with the Faculty of Education. There are several film clubs at the faculty (Religious Studies Film Club, Student Council Film Club, Historical Film Club, Philosophy Film Club), a music club and a theatre club organised by the Student Council.
The faculty has also a volunteering scheme which allows students to take part in some of the major events, including conferences, open doors days and research fairs, and get a volunteering certificate.
FA students organise and take part in various cultural events and humanitarian activities:
- Prague International Microfestival of Poetry
- Students for Solidarity Movement – founded in order to coordinate help for the refugees and to encourage debate about migration and related issues
- Shakespeare Production – theatre ensemble which performs Shakespeare’s plays in the original